Autoreboot after fsck

Jonathan Rawle jr36 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Jun 25 11:33:05 UTC 2004

Andrea Carotti wrote:

>>But if you see this message, there is a serious problem! Rebooting isn't
>>likely to help as the same message will appear again.
> I was asking for that cause after the reboot the message disappear and all
> goes on the right way...
> So I hope again that someone could help me with this issue (skipping the
> CTRL-D option).

The best solution is to figure out why it thinks there is a serious problem.
Something isn't right, even if it's just a slight hardware compatibility.

You could have a look at rc.sysinit and see whether there are any clues as
to why you see this message. You could even comment out the relevant lines.

Jonathan