bugzilla FC rpm

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Jun 26 00:18:20 UTC 2004

--On Friday, June 25, 2004 1:45 PM -0400 Craig Thomas
<cjtinhp at optonline.net> wrote:

> I've searched several mirrors, google and the list archives for an FC
> released bugzilla.rpm but have not had any luck.  Am I missing something
> or is it not included in the [either] release? I would have thought I'd
> find it along with other dev tools such as cvs and svn.
>
> I've also searched several 3rd party repos with no luck, as I was hoping
> I could use yum or apt to install and not have to solve all the
> dependencies myself.  Does such a beast exists?

I've not found one, but it seems not likely to be practical with the
current version (2.16), due to the degree of customization that must be
done. The development version wants MySQL-4, which isn't in any distros and
only available from the MySQL site.

Your best bet is to write your own spec file to wrap the stock tarball
within your own packaging policy. Doing so would illuminate why this is a
non-trivial task.

You might also want to enter a bugzilla against bugzilla at the bugzilla
site with an RFE for a spec file.