Directory mountings

Jwp live4bacon at optonline.net
Mon Mar 1 02:36:35 UTC 2004

What I am trying to accomplish is giving my ftp clients access my windows
box (larger hdd) from their own home directory.

Currently the solution I see is to mount the network drive into each of the
home directories that need access.  Is there a better way? Is this a bad
idea altogether?

I tried mounting the network drive to say /home/ftp/downloads/more and then
mounting /home/ftp/downloads to /home/usr/downloads but this doesn't give me
access to the network drive in the /home/ftp/downloads directory.

Thanks for you help,

JP