LaTeX (tetex) files?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Mar 1 04:39:41 UTC 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Manuel Carro wrote:

>     Hi.  I am an old-time LaTeX user, and I am missing some files in
> the LaTeX distribution which comes with FC1 + updates.  For example,
> the utopia font package (utopia.sty) and listings package are not in
> place.  In can copy them from some other machine, but I prefer not to
> mess with system-installed files.  Has anyone had the same problem?
> Should I update tetex to the FC2 packages?  Which distribution:
> fedora.us or fedora.redhat?
>
>     Thanks in advance for all and any help.

I don't know if there is more stuff included in the FC2 packages, but I
doubt it.

Your best bet is to get any other packages you need from www.ctan.org or a
mirror and install them in an appropriate subdirectory of
/usr/local/share/texmf/.  Then run texconfig (as root) and select REHASH.
The new packages will then be available as if they had been included in
the original distro, but they won't get mixed up with the distro files.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu