lm_sensors

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 1 11:47:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 04:30:13PM +1000, Daniel Stonier wrote:

> Has anyone had much of a go with lm_sensors and Fedora? I've read the
> documentation at the lm_sensors page and noticed FC1
> appeared to have everything installed ready to go. However running
> "sensors-detect" failed to detect anything, but it did fail to load module
> i2c-i801, reporting amongst other things "init_module: No such device",
> which might be the problem. Still learning my way around using modules -
> where might I go to tackle this from here?

i2c/lm_sensors 2.8.4 support (current release) can be found at

http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/kernel/ and
http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/lm_sensors/
(also linked from lm_sensors' home page).

You need a patched kernel for i2c/lm_sensors >= 2.8.x (as provided in
the links above), because there are drivers in the kernel that need
patching for the i2c >= 2.8.x api.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de