No floppy drive insmod error

chris stringer cstringer18 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 18:16:33 UTC 2004

This is the ouptup I received from the loading
program.

It starts with "Checking for new hardware insmod:
/lib/2.4.22-1.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/flopy.0 :
init_module: no such device

insmod hint: insmod erors can be caused by incorrect
module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ
parameters.

You may find more information in syslog or the out put
from dmesg  insmod:
/lib/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/floppy.0

insmod block-major-2 failed"  and then the system
locks and I have to reboot.

I undestand most of the argument.  syslog is the
system log and I could pipe the information from dmesg
if I could get into linux, but I am stuck.  Thank you
for all your help.

--- Adam Voigt <adam at kotisprop.com> wrote:
> I don't have a floppy drive in my system either, and
> it does show an
> error on startup, but doesn't stop the computer from
> starting. Is this
> error your seeing fatal (as in you can't use the
> computer at all), or
> just a standard error that can be ignored and have
> the computer still
> work?
>

> On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 12:58, chris stringer wrote:
> > I have reached further into the system config and
> now
> > I have an error relating to insmod trying to find
> > floppy.  I dont have a floppy is their an edit to
> skip
> > insmod detecting new devises?
> >
> > =====
> > Chris Stringer
> > cstringer18 at yahoo.com

> > Get better spam protection with Yahoo! Mail.
> > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
> --
>
> Adam Voigt
> adam at kotisprop.com