RH ES2.1, how to upgrade to kernel 2.6?

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Mon Mar 1 23:53:03 UTC 2004

Hi, you are correct, Exlibris's codebase will only compile on RH ES 2.1
(because its based off of RH 7.3).  Originally it only compiled on RH
7.x but was moved to ES 2.1 in dec 2003 when RH dropped support of RH
7.x.  I have no idea why it only compiles on ES 2.1 though.  Originally
Exlibris only ran on Solaris and Windows, and around 1998 was ported to
Linux.  We are one of the few Exlibris customers (The only one in the
USA in fact, the rest are in europe) that uses Linux for Aleph.  I
believe the smbmount >2GB patches have been backported to kernel 2.4,
I'll ask on the samba list if anyone can link me to them.  Also, Oracle
9 is what Exlibris currently ships with, and I believe (but not 100%
positive) that Oracle 9 works with ES 2.1 but not 3.0.  Oracle 10 works
with ES 3.0 AFAIK.  Thanks for the help.