Status of linux-abi (iBCS)

Vernon A. Fort vfort at provident-solutions.com
Tue Mar 2 13:56:10 UTC 2004

I've been digging around in a vain attempt to find the current status of
the iBCS2 (linux-abi).  From what I've discovered, it apprears to be no
longer maintained and I have not seen this patch included with
redhat-kernels for quite sometime.

I need to migrate an SCO server to linux for about 9 months until the
new release of the application is available.  The hardware is just about
dead and we just need to get a stable platform for a short period of time.

Has anyone gotten the linux-abi patches to work under the fedora
kernels.  Is there another maintainer other than linux-abi - the last
patch I see is for 2.4.21 released July of 2003 or have I missed something.

Please no flames - I'm not trying to suggest that fedora includes
support iBCS, just attempting to make an existing SCO server/application
work using fedora until the vendor releases an linux version.  I really
do not want to fall back to redhat 6.2 which is the last version I used
to migrate SCO->Linux.

Any suggestions?

Andy