the new kernel

Gertjan Vinkesteijn fedora.1.90 at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 2 23:44:08 UTC 2004

Jeff Vian wrote:

> AMAZING POWERS OF OBSERVATION wrote:
>

>>    talking about kernel 2.6.3-2.1.223
>>
>> On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 13:29, admin at kclinux.net wrote:
>>
>>> /What?

>>> /
>>>
> What do you mean "no boot"
>
> The kernel has not been loaded/used until after you reboot.  A reboot
> is never required for the compile/install steps.

Mumble, mumble
I run 2.6.3-1.116 under Fedora 1.90, it says that you do not need
ide-scsi any longer, but I always use webmin for burning and that does
not except /dev/hdb as cdrom-r/w thus I made a new kernel with ide-scsi
on. Now the whole machine hangs during fixating!
Has anybody any idea how this occurs? Should I use the above kernel?