Yum Problems, and Apt-Get Problems, Can Anyone help?

Antti Aspinen antti.aspinen at phnet.fi
Wed Mar 3 16:41:07 UTC 2004

Okey, First that Yum problem...

[root at localhost anxa]# yum update
Server: ATrpms for Fedora Core 1 testing
Server: Fedora Core 1 Dag Wieers' repository
Server: Dries repository for Fedora Core 1
Server: Fedora Core 1 freshrpms
Server: NewRPMS.sunsite.dk for Fedora Core 1
Server: Fedora Core 1 os irland
Server: Fedora Core 1 updates irland
Server: Fedora Core 1 ( xcyborg / bleeding )
Server: Fedora Core 1 ( xcyborg / stable )
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
.Package php-domxml needs libxsltbreakpoint.so.1, this is not available.
[root at localhost anxa]#

So, what is the reason for that, and why it hapens even thought I have
only updated system by using yum+upt2date, and some times single RPMs?
(+orginaly I used Synaptic)

The next problem is far more serious, the Apt-get gives me this, when I
am trying to install something.

[root at localhost anxa]# apt-get update
Get:1 http://rpms.xcyb.org athlon release [800B]
Get:2 http://download.fedora.us fedora/1/i386 release [2494B]
Get:3 http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386 release [1991B]
Fetched 5285B in 3s (1568B/s)
Get:1 http://rpms.xcyb.org athlon/stable pkglist [7020B]
Get:2 http://rpms.xcyb.org athlon/stable release [125B]
Get:3 http://rpms.xcyb.org athlon/bleeding pkglist [14B]
Get:4 http://rpms.xcyb.org athlon/bleeding release [127B]
Hit http://download.fedora.us fedora/1/i386/os pkglist
Hit http://download.fedora.us fedora/1/i386/os release
Get:5 http://download.fedora.us fedora/1/i386/updates pkglist [307kB]
Get:6 http://rpms.xcyb.org athlon/stable srclist [1984B]
Get:7 http://rpms.xcyb.org athlon/bleeding srclist [756B]
Hit http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386/core pkglist
Hit http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386/core release
Get:8 http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386/updates pkglist
[308kB]
Hit http://download.fedora.us fedora/1/i386/updates release
Get:9 http://download.fedora.us fedora/1/i386/stable pkglist [283kB]
Hit http://download.fedora.us fedora/1/i386/stable release
Hit http://download.fedora.us fedora/1/i386/os srclist
Get:10 http://download.fedora.us fedora/1/i386/updates srclist [19,7kB]
Get:11 http://download.fedora.us fedora/1/i386/stable srclist [49,6kB]
Hit http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386/updates release
Get:12 http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386/freshrpms pkglist
[158kB]
Hit http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386/freshrpms release
Fetched 1135kB in 21s (52,3kB/s)
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
W: There are multiple versions of "autoconf213" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^autoconf213$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "xawtv" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^xawtv$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "xml-common" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^xml-common$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "docbook-utils-pdf" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^docbook-utils-pdf$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false
W: There are multiple versions of "libvorbis" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^libvorbis$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "openjade" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^openjade$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "glade2" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^glade2$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "libvorbis-devel" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^libvorbis-devel$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "perl-DateManip" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^perl-DateManip$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "libraw1394" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^libraw1394$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "dvgrab" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^dvgrab$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "autoconf" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^autoconf$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "perl-Net-DNS" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^perl-Net-DNS$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "perl-XML-Twig" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^perl-XML-Twig$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "gd" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^gd$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "libogg" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^libogg$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "openobex-devel" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^openobex-devel$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "openjade-devel" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^openjade-devel$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "make" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^make$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "perl-XML-Parser" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^perl-XML-Parser$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "automake16" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^automake16$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "expat" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^expat$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "perl-HTML-Parser" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^perl-HTML-Parser$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";
W: There are multiple versions of "synaptic" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^synaptic$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "gd-devel" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^gd-devel$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "libraw1394-devel" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^libraw1394-devel$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";
W: There are multiple versions of "automake" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^automake$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "tetex" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^tetex$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "openobex" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^openobex$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "libgcrypt-devel" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^libgcrypt-devel$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "expat-devel" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^expat-devel$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "docbook-style-dsssl" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^docbook-style-dsssl$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "f
W: There are multiple versions of "pyxf86config" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^pyxf86config$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "automake14" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^automake14$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "automake15" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^automake15$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "sgml-common" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^sgml-common$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "libogg-devel" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^libogg-devel$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "libgcrypt" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^libgcrypt$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "docbook-dtds" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^docbook-dtds$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "gd-progs" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^gd-progs$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

[root at localhost anxa]#

LOL, :D, if I try apt-get install it gives me same erros, even when
using upgrade command. so what's the problem and how do I can fix this
without broking my system to reinstall state?

I am using 2.6.1 kernel from Arjanv, and my system is basicly allmost
same as fedora core 1 is. I haven't changed anything big.

By the way, this is my second time I use Apt-get. Orginaly I used
Synaptic to update my system, but then it crashed one day and I did have
to reboot (I was a too fast and I didn't thinked very much about it)
And then I left it to that state and started using yum and up2date.

Do I have to remove apt-get(+cache and config files) and then install it
again? Or do I have to do as I think and do something hard way it.
because My system is working correctly and I don't evan have need for
all of those packets.

-Antti-

Ps. I am not a total n00b, because I have used linux since 1997 and I
guess that I should know these things, but sometimes memory is just gone
and you don't have energy to use web for finding info for these.

Ps. Gyes you can selebrate, our city(I live in Lahti, that is located to
small country known as Finland) started using GNU/Linux in our
schools... :D

At this point it is just experimental, but I hope that it will stay
longer and will be taken to active use.

And Sry, for this too long message, I think that I should have make that
apt-get error message much more shorter. :)