Kernel 2.6 - At my wits end

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Thu Mar 4 07:13:42 UTC 2004

Paul R. Ganci wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea as to why I should be able to boot into a 2.4
> kernel with no problems but get a kernel panic when booting into 2.6
> kernel? I didn't do anything with mkinitrd. Is this possibly my
> problem? Do I need a new version perhaps?

I'll answer my own question. I removed kernel-2.6.1-1.65 to give myself
a clean slate. Next I installed from test  mkinitrd-3.5.18-1. I then
re-installed kernel-2.6.1-1.65 and voilla ... my system booted. Of
course I ran into the problem that my mouse is gone, but I think that is
in the archives too.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)