Network problems

Richard Aldana raldana at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 15:29:26 UTC 2004

I'm brand-new to Linux, and I'm sure this will be an easy fix for you
experienced Linux users. So please bear with me.

I've just installed Fedore Core 1, installation went easy. However, I can't
seem to get the network components running properly. My system has a 3COM
3C905 NIC installed, which the OS seems have setup properly. I have a Compaq
router that I've hooked up to directly via a CAT 5 cable directly. I set up
at install time to receive IP and DNS via DHCP.

I can't see anything on my local network (I have another Windows XP hooked
up). I can't get on the Internet, nor ping any other systems. Which I know
is a major problem.

This same systems works fine when I set it up as a Windows PC, so I know the
hardware works.

Any ideas?