How do i install kernel 2.6.3

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Fri Mar 5 01:33:18 UTC 2004

On Mar 5, 2004 at 00:19, Timothy Murphy in a soothing rage wrote:

>Ow Mun Heng wrote:
>
>>> i want exact steps ... possibly after getting the kernel
>>> running to have sound etc.i know how to use nvidia dricvers.
>
>> make xconfig
>> make bzImage modules
>> make modules_install install
>> reboot and choose your kernel..
>
>I've taken to saying "make oldconfig xconfig"
>to avoid a lot of complaints about undefined config variables.
>(These are only complaints - they don't stop the later compilation.)
>
>I'm wondering if there is any rationale for doing this?
Yep, make oldconfig uses the .config it finds and pulls in all
the new options. I normally do this too but prefer menuconfig
since I generally do this from a different box.

N.Emile...
Mr. Rockford?  You don't know me, but I'd like to hire you.  Could
you call me at...  My name is... uh...  Never mind, forget it!
		-- "The Rockford Files"
 20:31:29  up 92 days,  1:18,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00