Samba and shared folders

Chris Botha jcbotha at cedar.org.za
Fri Mar 5 09:24:28 UTC 2004

Dear Fedora users

On my network I would like to set up file sharing and in fact I did already,
but it is not working as I would like it to be. Could any give me a tip.
I would like that my users should only see the files that they got access
to. In samba.conf I used 'valid users = .....' At the moment all shared
directories are listed although the users cannot access it. This is becaues
'browseable = yes'. Let me put it like this, if a user logs in then only
that users home file is displayed and not the others, this I would also like
with ohter folders that that user got access to. Is something like this
possable with samba.

Chris