more samba woes

Ryan Duff ryan at duff-duff.net
Fri Mar 5 18:46:27 UTC 2004

I've gone through and used terminal to add a user...

smbpasswd -a ryan
(entered password)
smbpasswd -e ryan

this is what the share looks like in my samba.conf file

[music]
	valid user = ryan
	path = /mnt/music
	create mode = 0777
	directory mode = 777
	browseable = yes
	comment = music
	writeable = yes

encrypt passwords is set to yes and security is set to share

there is also a homes share

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	browseable = yes
	writeable = yes

The shares show up in network neighborhood but when I click on them it
tells me I don't have permission to access the share. My windows user and
password match my linux user/pass and samba user/pass. Any more
suggestions. I tried using webmin to set it up and that didn't help any.
I'm going to try and install swat after work tonight and see if that'll
help me get things straight. I think I used swat on drake before and got
things setup through that. If anybody has any suggestions as to what may
still be causing this problem please speak up.

Also, I don't have the firewall service turned on. For a brief moment it
did show my home directory and the files in it and I know I clicked no to
set up the firewall when I installed FC1. One more thing, I did remember to
restart samba after I made the changes and still nothign. "service smb
restart"

Thanks for the help
Ryan Duff