USB cf reader problem unmounting

Ricky Boone whiplash at planetfurry.com
Sat Mar 6 04:55:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 13:17, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 07:36, Polashek, Matthew wrote:
> > Oh.. I see what you mean.  No nothing that I am aware of is accessing the cf
> > card or it's subsequent directories at the time of this error though I
> > haven't used the 'pwd' command.
>
> It is always fam for me.  When ever I delete something from the card,
> fam kicks in and I cannot unmount it without `killall fam` first.  I
> finally turned off sgi-fam.

Hmm...  This may sound stupid, but what functionality is lost by
disabling sgi-fam?  I'm having the same problem with my sdio card reader
on my laptop (using direct mounting or autofs), and have to kill fam to
get it to release the mount.  :(

--
Ricky Boone <whiplash at planetfurry.com>
Planetfurry.com