fedora-list digest, Vol 1 #1205 - 32 msgs

Chris Botha jcbotha at cedar.org.za
Sat Mar 6 08:45:54 UTC 2004

  Message: 30
  Subject: Re: Samba What a struggle
  From: Alexandre Strube <surak at casa.surak.eti.br>
  To: Fedora-list <fedora-list at redhat.com>
  Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 18:52:51 -0300

  Em Qua, 2004-03-03 às 14:42, Chris Botha escreveu:
  > Dear Fedora users. I am having my days with Fedora setting up Samba. I
  > work according to the manuals and follow the basic instructions but
  > with no hope. It refuses me to access the server.

  If you're editing the configuration files by hand, don't. Use samba-swat
  and be happy :-)

  --
  []s

  Alexandre Ganso
  500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group

Ok you said that i should not edit samba.conf directly, I ubderstand that but tell me how do you do that through SSH, look i do not have space for a monitor and a keybourd at my server so i have to run it remotely.

Got some other sugestions. I do not have a huge server room that i do my things in.

But thanks for your advice i wish i could go that way.