modprobe - can't locate these modules

Sy Beamont sbeam at attbi.com
Sat Mar 6 17:25:24 UTC 2004

On Thursday 04 March 2004 16:54, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 04.03.2004 schrieb thedogfarted um 22:40:
> > I'm a bit worried about following meseges in /var/spool/mail/root:
> from daily logwatch mail
>
> >   --------------------- ModProbe Begin ------------------------
> >

> > Can't locate these modules:
> >     sound-service-1-0: 18 Time(s)
> >     sound-slot-1: 18 Time(s)
> >     sound-slot-0: 2 Time(s)
>
> maybe USB webcam

http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg04511.html

supposedly its just KDE/aRts looking for a second sound card. This is
nothing to worry about. To get rid of the msg go to
KDE Control Center-> Sound&Multimedia-> Sound System-> Mixer

and set "Maximum number of probed mixers" to 1 instead of 2 which is the
default for some reason.

But actually I tried ths advice (found via Google) and it had no effect
on FC1. Also added the lines

alias sound-service-1-0 off
alias sound-slot-1 off

to /etc/modules.conf which got rid of these.

enjoy...

--
# Web App Dev Servs : http://www.onsetcorps.net/