Gnome 'Cryptography' menu entry

Prasanth Kumar lunix at comcast.net
Sat Mar 6 17:58:00 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 01:19 -0500, Youssef Makki wrote:

> I installed Seahorse (http://seahorse.sourceforge.net/), and checked the
> .desktop file included in the rpm. It reads:
>
> Categories=Application;Cryptography;
>
> Is that supposed to create a 'Cryptography' section in the Gnome main
> menu? It does not seem to have added itself anywhere else.
> I know I can edit it, this is mere curiosity..

That is not entirely correct. There is another file that specific the
submenus and application entries are associated with these menus based
on the categories. So it is possible to create one submenu with
applications that are not cryptography and another submenu with
applications that are cryptography. It all depends on the desktop file
which is located at /etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu.