HTML Links on Evolution

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Mar 7 06:55:25 UTC 2004

AMAZING POWERS OF OBSERVATION wrote:

>     why must we turn off html ? i like the way html works .

Do you like the way html opens doors in email clients (outlook for one)
for nasty viruses and programs to attack your and other computers?

Do you like wasting cpu time and bandwidth on rendering the html.
While appearance may be eye candy, it does not add to the value of the
text content.

Many clients now have the ability to turn off or filter html mail.

two words......   security  & efficiency.