Text editors

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sun Mar 7 15:11:17 UTC 2004

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Pinco wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a certain number of text editors - vi, gedit, emcs etc. - do I
> need all of them? Which one(s) do you suggest me to uninstall?

The editors you do not use. :-) Seriously choosing an editor is strictly
a personal preference. Find the one you like and use it. Ignore the others
and or uninstall the others. Unless you are trying to save disk space there
is rally no need to even worry about the others.

Asking which one is better is like asking which religion is better or which
politition is better. There is no correct answer. Use whatever you like and
move on with life. :-)

HTH,

Tom