Gnome splash screen

Brian Johnson bjohnson at johnson-engineering.ca
Mon Mar 8 15:01:29 UTC 2004

I like the slash screen since it shows the progression of stuff starting.

But the RH9 and previous would disappear (or go behind) and apps that started
.. the Fedora Core 1 version stays on top and hides things like error reports
from apps

Is there a way to show the splash screen but make it disappear when apps start
displaying windows?