Problems with Galeon,RealPlayer,Kword,Xine,Mozilla,Opera

Kaustubh Ghosh meetkaustubhghosh at vsnl.net
Mon Mar 8 16:18:13 UTC 2004

I have galeon ,realplayer, kword,xine,Mozilla and opera  installed from the
time I had RedHat 8 before upgrade.Now I face the following peculiar
problems:

Galeon:
When run from bash says:
"Cannot find mozilla installation directory.Please se MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to
your mozilla directory"
I tried reinstalling with same result.

RealPlayer:
 The application just hangs.I had the rpm from real.com and also applied the
provided update with the same result.I also downloaded a rpm from sourceforge
with the same result on installing.

Kword:
 No warning when run from bash shell.No clue what happens,doesn't start,thats
all.

Xine:
 I am logged out when I run it.But its variants like 'oxine','gxine','totem'
run perfectly.

Mozilla:
  Does not run 'Macromedia Flash Applications',asks for appropriate
plugins.But I have it.Netscape 7.1 runs those contents perfectly.Even mozilla
used to run them perfectly before upgrade.

Opera:
 Never ran Macromedia Flash Contents.Any help is welcome.

If anyone has the clue whats happenning,can you please inform me?Any funda is
welcome and will be highly appreciated by me.