New install, having bind issues

Eric Diamond eric at ediamond.net
Mon Mar 8 16:55:26 UTC 2004

> Monday, March 08, 2004 5:50 AM, edwardspl at ita.org.mo
wrote

> Is there a good way to make a short link to instead of
the
> default link ( location ) ? I have ever try to use
"ln"
> comand, but can't !

I have a symbolic link for named.conf in /etc just to
make editing easier. Su - to root, cd to /etc and run

ln -s /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf

This will create the symlink for you. If you wanted, you
could do the same for the files in
/var/named/chroot/var/named from /var/named, but them
you could get into spending more time maintaining your
links than your zone files...

One other cavaet. Symlinks don't work well for key
files. Don't know why, but I ran into problems with
rndc.key when I tried placing a single copy in
/var/named/chroot/etc and symlinking from /etc.

Eric Diamond
eDiamond Networking & Security
303-246-9555
eric at ediamond.net