.ICEauthority permissions

Youssef Makki bugzilla at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 8 18:03:30 UTC 2004

Got a small problem with that file in ~/, but before I describe I'll see
if I'm on the right track. That file's owner should be the user in who's
homedir it is sitting, and not root.root right?
Something is changing permissions, if that's not supposed to happen.

The last problem I had was X would not start at all saying it could not
find any screens (iirc), but I think it was specific to Gnome, because
startxfce worked like a charm. The solution was to delete .ICEauthority
and 2 other ~/.ICE.. files which I honestly don't remember, but also had
root.root 600 permissions on them. Any ideas/input here?