Kernel-2.4.19

Aaron Matteson fedora at cryptosystem.us
Tue Mar 9 05:05:43 UTC 2004

Cristiano Soares became daring and sent these 1.7K bytes,
> Im trying to compile the 2.4.19 kernel into Fedora so i can use Arbitrator on it. But, when i do de "make bzImage" command, it give me an error message about some kind of "semaphore.c:265:1: missing termination " character".
>
> Does anyone know anything about this problem? Thanks a lot.

Appears to be a kernel issue as seen below:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-prs/2002-07/msg00607.html

followup here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-prs/2002-07/msg00610.html

Doesn't look like you will be able to do much about it, but you might
want to risk trying a mandrake 9 kernel 2.4.19mdk if you are feeling
like taking a risk, it can damage your working fedora core installation
and end in a reinstall or a lot of work fixing it.

Unless you decide to hack BA, i suggest looking for an alternate
bandwidth regulator. There are some solutions built into the kernel or
as a module already, take a peek into packet scheduling found in:
Networking options -> QoS and/or fair queueing -> * (kernel menuconfig)

I think you can accomplish the same with this also i am not too sure.

--
  . 0 .  Aaron M Matteson - http://cryptosystem.us
  . . 0  Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write,