several samba and named problems

Murat Isik muratisik at megatek.com.tr
Tue Mar 9 08:25:24 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am running Fedora Core 1 (updated) and I have two problems, one with samba, the other with named. I hope you have any idea....

in logwatch for naed I have:

   internal_send: 244.254.254.254#53: Invalid argument: 1002 Time(s)
   socket.c:1100: unexpected error:: 1002 Time(s)

I thought 244.254.254.254 was some sort of experimenta range. What is the meaning of this?

In samba  I have bigger problems: There are numerous lib/access.c:check_access(328)  reports with all sorts of real ip addresses, although my samba configuration only allows local lan. Does this mean taht all these ips tried to inflatrate samba shared folders?

Also for samba In have a few :

lib/fault.c:fault_report(37)  INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 29365 (3.0.0-15)  Please read the appendix Bugs of the Samba HOWTO collection

I read the SAMBA How to about this but did not understand much? What is this? If these are all serious problems, how can I take precautions?

Sorry for my pure newbei questions and bad english....

Have a nice day