Confirming EOG bug

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Tue Mar 9 09:27:00 UTC 2004

> I was testing with png files. Now I re-tested with these jpg files of
> the package desktop-backgrounds-extra-2.0-18:
>
>   /usr/share/backgrounds/images/flowers_and_leaves.jpg
>   /usr/share/backgrounds/images/dewdop_leaf.jpg
>
> I zoomed in and out several times, but I cannot reproduce the problem.
>
> Maybe some package eog uses differs. So I did a "yum check-update", and
> saw that my system is fully up to date with base and updates-released.
> Is your system fully up to date?

yup my system is fully up to date.

i tried this on one jpg image (a picture of an ibm thinkpad t30), zoomed
out twice, it went up to 50% then disappeared. i ran this on the console
which returned the error:

(eog:7395): Bonobo-WARNING **: Exception executing verb 'ZoomOut'major
2, IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

zooming in doesn't work as well after this. could it be something else?
maybe i should rpm -Va my files to make sure nothing is corrupted.

what if i send you the jpg image? to confirm that it isn't the image. of
note it did already happen with other images, not only with the ibm
thinkpad image.

dex