Graphical Boot

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Tue Mar 9 10:21:25 UTC 2004

Personally I would understand this to disable graphical login AND
graphical boot (more importantly don't switch to run level 5), and not
specifically the "graphical boot" which I have always taken to be rhgb
(Redhat Graphical Boot).

Is there any reason why people automatically assume that "graphical boot" means graphical login?

Is it because in redhat we have gone so long without a graphical boot
sequence?

As a previous poster has stated, to disable the graphical boot, change
the line that says graphical=yes to graphical=no.