Ackward timing for me FC1-FC2?

John Fleming ham_reflectors at wa9als.com
Tue Mar 9 15:47:29 UTC 2004

I'm a newbie with a nice FC1 install, handling some web hosting and email filtering for a small group with SpamAssassin.  This is on a really old/slow machine that was borrowed from another location for experimentation and needs to return to its usual home.  I have a new server now that awaits an OS.

1.  Should I go ahead and put FC1 on it?  If so, when a stable FC2 comes out, how best to retain what I have going, e.g. Apache conf, mail conf, SpamAssassin conf etc, or would I just have to manually save all pertinent configuration files and then reinstall each software after the new install of FC2?

2.  OR, should I install FC2 testing now?  If I do that, will I be able to yum update to the stable version when it's released, or will that still require a new full install?

3.  FC1 does everything I want right NOW.  Should I just install FC1 on the new machine and wait and see how long I can remain happy with this version??

Thanks any tips - This isn't an enterprise operation, obviously, but I want to be able to install new apps in the future.  - John