Adding item to the menu (GNOME)

thedogfarted thedogfarted at inbox.lv
Tue Mar 9 14:12:33 UTC 2004

Jeff Vian wrote:

> thedogfarted wrote:
>
>> try this:
>>
>> cd /usr/share/applications
>> ls
>

> If you are looking for a file named .desktop,   you CANNOT see it with "ls"
> You will have to use "ls .*" to see files whose names begin with a "."
> The shell does not match file names beginning with a . when it expands
> the *, and ls follows the same rules.

you didn't understand me. When we speak about menu editing we speak not
about file named .desktop but files with extension '.desktop'

[thedogfarted at yarrow thedogfarted]$ cd /usr/share/applications
[thedogfarted at yarrow applications]$ ls
fedora-gnome-alsamixer.desktop  mail-notification.desktop
fedora-hdspconf.desktop         mozilla-compose.desktop