vsftpd not stopping

Austin Isler a_c_isler at verizon.net
Tue Mar 9 16:35:50 UTC 2004

I am trying to start up a ftp server using vsftpd. I can start vsftpd no
problem. When I do  "netstat -a | grep ftp" I get nothing, which leads
me to believe vsftpd is not running. xinetd is up and running. I checked
the services config tool and it also states that vsftpd is dead.

[root at home aisler]# /sbin/service vsftpd start
Starting vsftpd for vsftpd:                                [  OK  ]
[root at home aisler]# /sbin/service vsftpd stop
Shutting down vsftpd:                                      [FAILED]

Has anyone had this problem if so, any assistance would be appreciated.

Austin