Inodes!

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Tue Mar 9 19:50:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 15:30, Nelson Guedes Paulo Junior wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 03:24:15PM -0400, Robert Marcano wrote:

> > "less /etc/fstab", check the third column for references to ext3
>
> Thanks!
>
> I'm using ext3, should I have an /usr/include/ext3fs directory?????
> In which package it's included?

"rpm -q --whatprovides  /usr/include/ext2fs/ext2fs.h" shows that those
header files are provided by e2fsprogs-devel. The package e2fsprogs
contains utility programs to manage ext2 and ext3 filesystems. ext2 and
ext3 use the same disk structures, the difference is on the journal
support. You can even use and ext3 fs as a pure ext2 fs, so I think
those headers can be used to manipulate both filesystems