USB cf reader problem unmounting

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Tue Mar 9 23:28:18 UTC 2004

Em Seg, 2004-03-08 às 16:31, Taylor, ForrestX escreveu:

> I haven't noticed any functionality loss, and I am not sure which
> programs actually use FAM.  My advice is to turn it off and try it.  You
> can always enable it if you find you need it.

Fam stands for "file alteration monitor"... remember those old antivirus
which used to make a checksum for each file on a system? So, for
instance, if a executable was changed, you would know that this was
probably a virus...

Fam does something like this.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group