Quest for linux supported Wireless

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Tue Mar 9 23:33:55 UTC 2004

Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:

>    rs> As an aside, I don't wish to be pedantic but the plural of "bozo" is
>    rs> "bozos".  One of my pet peeves is seeing people use "'s" for plurals.
>    rs> "'s" denotes a possessive form of a noun or pronoun or a contraction of
>    rs> a word and "is"--it does NOT indicate plurality:
>    rs>
>    rs>         "Ricks":        More than one Rick
>    rs>         "Rick's":       Either "owned by Rick" or "Rick is..."
>    rs>

no  :-(

    rs>         "Rick's":       "Rick is..."
    rs>         "Ricks":        "More than one Rick"
    rs>         "Ricks'":       "owned by Rick"

>    rs> Examples would be:
>    rs>
>    rs>         "There are many Ricks in the world."
>    rs>         "Rick's a persnickety SOB and I'd like to kick Rick's *ss!"
>    rs>

and thus:

    rs>         "Rick's a persnickety SOB and I'd like to kick Rick's *ss!"
  should be     "Rick's a persnickety SOB and I'd like to kick Ricks' *ss!"

the first is a contraction the second is ownership.

If you are going to be complete, at least be correct.  :-)