Password-protecting fedora.

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Wed Mar 10 02:40:22 UTC 2004

Both sound and video will work. (TM anyway)
For sound, the irony is that, what happens if you're playing ogg files
on xmms and then your wife logs in (using gdmflexiserver) and wants to
listen to her wav files on xmms? You can do it, but you get 2 diff sounds
coming out of 1 speaker. Why?? (you can do simultaneous streams through
1 sound card using the esd sound server. Look at that option under XMMS)

Video issues? What sorts? Please enlighten. I've not faced with it (yet).

Hmm.. Can you re-state what it is you "need"??

> > I am also not sure what my wife will think of a different way of
> accessing the computer.

Hmm... XP and MacOS have this same feature. So.. how can it be different?

> I still stand by the original idea of having a seperate account for
> casual users.

Better separate account rather than the account which has _near_ full root
access using sudo.

My 2 cents