MS Intellimice optical 'shutting down' anyone?

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Wed Mar 10 03:31:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 23:08, Andre Costa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been experiencing lately some weird mouse behavior: all of a
> sudden, mouse simply goes off, and even though X11 remains responsive
> (keyboard works), it usually leaves me no option besides killing X11
> with CTRL+ALT+BKSP -- which often makes me lose some work. Restarting X
> brings mouse back up again, as if nothing had happened.

This was happening to me once in a while with a particular USB hub.
Usually unplugging/plugging in the mouse would fix it.  I replaced the
hub and haven't had the problem since.  Interestingly enough, the hub I
replaced was powered, the replacement was unpowered.  I don't think
there's a connection, though.

Ben
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca