postfix & mysql

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Mar 10 15:06:37 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 09.03.2004 schrieb Kripsio um 19:00:
> Hi!
> I want try to make a vitual multi domain mail system
> vith postfix, courier-imap and mysql.
>
> 1 - Do you know some link for setup a fedora system like this?
> 2 - I've found some docs from postfix.org and I know that I need the mysql support
> in postfix that is not in standard rpm compiled package. I've take the src.rpm
> postfix package from fedora core 1 distro.
> I've installed pack with rpm -ivh postfix.........src.rpm and when i
> try the rpmbuild -ba postfix....specs --with-mysql an error return (unkown option)
> what I've to do?

If the spec file does not offer the possibility to pass something like
"--with mysql" or "--without foo", then this can not work. You would
even not need to install the src.rpm to use such (provided) parameters
but could use "rpmbuild --rebuild". As it is not a valid option to use
"--with mysql" in your case you will have to modify the spec file. You
need at least to modify the ./configure call, maybe it's needed to add
something to the %files section.

> I hope you understand my bad eng! :D
> bye && thanks

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 16:03:04 up 1 day, 16:22, load average: 1.01, 1.08, 1.04
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]