Kernel Upgrade Tips

Murali P linuxmurali_48 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Mar 11 04:26:28 UTC 2004

> Well I have a Lexmark Printer that is suprizingly
> supplied with drivers
> for a 2.6 kernel but I have a 2.4 and when I compile
> the driver it
> crashes. Obviously wrong kernel. I need a quick 2,6
> FC1 kernel that
> doesn't bogg my USB especially because all my 5
> devices work, Oops 4
> devices, printer got upgraded.
> Where do I get a new kernel,
Hello
I downloaded the compiled ones in RPM format from :
           http://fedoranews.org/jorge
where you have the link to Fedora Core1 with
Kernel-2.6.I followed the instructions and it was
quite rewarding.It(Kernel 2.6.3 )It is stable and
works fine.
In case you have a problem with X you may change the
line in XF86Config file relating to /dev/mouse TO :
/dev/input/mice, X works.
Regards
Murali