samba Problem

Mario St-Gelais legrimpeur at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 11 05:00:22 UTC 2004

Ryan Duff wrote:

> Yeah, that's what my problem was. I edited my smb.conf file on my
> linux box because linux was fighting my xp box to be PDC. I set it to
>
> local master = no
> preferred master = no
> os level = 20
>
> and did a service smb restart and went to work and when I came home
> everything had fiextd itself and I can now browse from my windows
> machine.
>
> The moral of the story is that if you can't browse your network, you
> have 2 or more machines fighting to be PCD.
>

> Ryan Duff

Lucky you Ryan!!  Did what you did and the error messages I had
disappeared.  Then running smbclient -L localhost yields to

        Server               Comment
        LAPTOP               LapTop 1
        P2                   samba server

So my laptop is now present.  But still can't connect as my laptop will
not find the damn path.  What the heck is going on??

Mario