Kernel Upgrade Help needed!

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Thu Mar 11 05:54:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 04:45, William Hooper wrote:
> Chadley Wilson said:
>
> > It is a corporate firewall and ftp access is denied
>
> By default up2date and yum use http, not ftp.
I know that whats so scary!

> > but for some reason
> > UP2date just hangs when I run it
>
> Hangs where?

Just after the UP2date Channels window, you get packages flagged to be
skipped, with a progress dialog box
It says it is fetching [mirrorname/releases]
underneath that is says [fedora-core-1/headers/headers.info]

and stays there forever, once I left it for a day it never budged.
Tried a few different mirrors from fedora.redhat.com with no change.

> > and I have tried apt and yum but I have
> > no clue as to what I am doing there I just get errors relating to
> > packages I Try downloading.
>
> What errors?  Are you using a mirror?
Dont have it installed anymore but lets tackle UP2Date first.
> > nothing works for me I assume it is our
> > firewall.
>
> If you can browse the web I highly doubt it is your firewall.
Oh, then I have to find out why it wont work!
Could you help me please?