Dual Kernel boot

Michael Scottaline mscottaline at mail15.com
Thu Mar 11 09:27:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:17:12 +0530
Kaustubh Ghosh <meetkaustubhghosh at vsnl.net> insightfully noted:

KG>Is it possible to have two kernels configured on the same linux distro.
KG>I have the kernel 2.4.22-...nptl... that is provided by default with FC1.I
KG>want to install kernel 2.6.0. Is it possible to choose from Grub which
KG>kernel I want to boot?I want to keep both and use the one with which I may
KG>feel comfortable deleting the other later. Is a kernel rpm avilable or I
KG>have to compile it?

RPMs are available.  Use the -ivh option instead of -Uvh (install as opposed
to upgrade) and you will have both on your system.  Grub can be set up to
allow you to choose the kernel at boot time.
Mike

--
"No one man, however brilliant or well-informed, can come in
one lifetime to such a fullness of understanding as to safely