Is your Flash slow?

Keven Ring keven at mitre.org
Thu Mar 11 14:08:10 UTC 2004

Wolfgang wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 00:45, Michal Zeravik wrote:
>

>>The speed of Flash movies It not depends on computer so much.
>>When I run the yeti game, there is almost none processor activity
>>for that process (from 'top'). Problem must be somewhere else.
>>My machine is athlonxp2200+, gf4, 512DDR.
>>
>>michal
>>
>>Wolfgang wrote:

>>>I have not noticed it being slow due to my system being a Dual Athlon
>>>MP2800+ CPU's, 1.5GB of REG RAM and a MSI GeForce FX 5950 Ultra video
>>>card.
>>>
>>>Wolf
>>>

>What Video Drivers are you running??? I'm running Nvidia's latest V53.36
>drivers. And all seems to run ok. Even OpenGL Games run fast.
>
>Wolf

Folks:

  Perhaps rather than saying "it's fast/slow/etc", and giving CPU
metrics, give metrics related to something tangible - say, how long it
takes for the penguin to drop - that is, not swinging at him.  For me
it's about 2-2.5 seconds.  With the game running [not doing anything,
just sitting there], it eats about 15% of my CPU.  In terms of graphics
cards, I have a Matrox G450, and run in xinerama mode.

  While it appears to run fine on my system, I do notice that ESD [the
sound driver] is taking up way more CPU than it needs to [50%].
However, this appears to occur more so after I have closed the Mozilla
window....

  BTW, someone claimed a distance of just shy of 200.  My best is around