PCMCIA Card Readers?

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Thu Mar 11 17:11:46 UTC 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 11:56:47AM -0500, Tech Support (ChiliTech) wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 09:04, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> >
> > Would you please stop hijacking foreign threads? You have been told
> > several times now!
> >
> > Start your own new threads using a new, empty window and not taking a
> > foreign posting and reply to, erasing body and subject.
> >
> > Thank you for respecting the netiquette.
>
> Alexander, I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I did start
> a new thread.. If there is some hidden information in here, then I'm
> not sure why fedora is doing it this way.

You didn't start a new thread. You replied to another email (one from
Dennis Gilmore about GPG signatures) and changed the subject.

> Most people group threads by the subject line!

But many of us read mail in applications with threading capbilities.
These mail readers will look at the 'In-Reply-To' and 'References'
headers in the mail to decide which thread they belong to. These are
usually more reliable than just looking at the 'Subject' header.

Until, of course, someone starts a completely new thread by replying to
an existing email and not removing these old headers.

Please add the address 'fedora-list at redhat.com' to your address book
and when you want to start a new thread send a completely new email to
that address.

Thanks,

Dave...

--