Kernel Upgrade Help needed!

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 11 19:41:56 UTC 2004

Chadley Wilson said:
> On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 20:46, William Hooper wrote:
>> Chadley Wilson said:
>> >>
>> > up2date -nox
>> > gives the following error:
>> >
>> > usage: up2date [OPTIONS] [<packages>]
>> >
>> > /usr/sbin/up2date: error: no such option: -n
>>
>> My fault, I should have left out a space or added a dash:
>>
>> up2date-nox -u
>>
>> or
>>
>> up2date --nox -u
>>
>> See what going from memory gets you :-)
>>

> OK that works, heres the new error,
>
> [root at chadlin root]# up2date-nox -u
>
> Fetching package list for channel: fedora-core-1...
>
> Fetching
> http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1/headers/header.info...
> There was some sort of I/O error: <urlopen error (-3, 'Temporary failure
> in name resolution')>
> [root at chadlin root]#

This looks like comment #24 on the bug report.  Could you give us the
exact syntax (changing the username/password of course) that you are
trying to use to export the http_proxy variable?

Not also that once you get past the proxy you are going to want to
configure up2date to use a mirror, so you might as well do that now.

--
William Hooper