Can I make icons on desktop smaller (gnome)?

John Thompson JohnThompson at new.rr.com
Thu Mar 11 19:55:05 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:24:46 -0500
Adam Voigt <adam at kotisprop.com> wrote:

> Absolutely, right click on the icon, and go to "Stretch Icon", and
> then click on one of the corners and drag to make the icon smaller or
> larger. If you want to go back, you can right click on the modified
> icon and go to "Restore Original".

Is there a way to make this change globally, rather than having to
resize each icon individually?

And how about the icon spacing on the desktop?  It seems that at
1024x768 I can only get four columns of icons before they start
overlapping.

A higher monitor resolution might help, but on my old hardware that
would mean using an annoyingly slow refresh rate.

--

-John (JohnThompson at new.rr.com)