No network access with FC1

Aaron Matteson fedora at cryptosystem.us
Fri Mar 12 01:34:10 UTC 2004

Vernon Wankerl became daring and sent these 0.8K bytes,
> Yes.
>
> I find no way to get outside the box to the LAN with FC1.
>
> Wade Chandler wrote:
>
> >Vernon Wankerl wrote:
> >
> >>I am trying to install FC1 on a Dell GXa with upgraded processor.  It
> >>seems to install very well but I am not able to get any access to my
> >>LAN after install.  I have tried to install using DHCP and with static
> >>IP configs.  I am not able to ping anything outside the box.
> >>
> >>I have installed RH7.2 to this same machine and everything works very
> >>well.  Full access to LAN and internet.
> >>
> >>The NIC is 3COM 3c905 on the motherboard.
> >>

> >Have you logged in graphically and then went to your system
> >settings->Network and tried to set it up that way?

As Willian Hooper pointed out, try disabling the kudzu service from boot
and then reboot to see how that goes. There has been a bit of fuss on
the list quite recently about this and that seemed to resolve most of
the cases.

--
  0 1 0  Aaron M Matteson - http://cryptosystem.us
  0 0 1  Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write,