kudzu removes printer config if printer offline on boot

Matt H. helios82 at optushome.com.au
Fri Mar 12 05:17:46 UTC 2004

Hi guys,
As I mentioned in a recent post, I was having troubles getting my Canon
BJC-255SP printer to work. The problem was finally resolved after kudzu
finally detected it properly.

I have now noticed a behaviour which I'm not sure is normal so I thought
I'd consult the list. Now, on boot-up, if the printer is off, kudzu will
run and inform me that the printer has been removed and provides
me with the standard keep config, remove, do nothing options. However, if
the printer is on when the system boots, kudzu realises a printer is
attached or will configure the newly added printer if the config had been
removed on a previous boot.

So, is this normal for kudzu to only detect the printer if it's turned on
while the system boots, or is there a problem somewhere in my
configuration that will fix this?
Thanks,
--
Matt