Issues with apt-get

Tim Harris timdharris at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 12:47:52 UTC 2004

Mark Limburg wrote:

>Howdy guys,
>
>I went to do an apt-get upgrade this morning and got this ..
>
>  W: There are multiple versions of "gpg-pubkey" in your system.
>
>  This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
>  only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
>  you may remove that warning by setting the following
>  option in your configuration file:
>
>  RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^gpg-pubkey$"; };
>
>  To disable these warnings completely set:
>
>  RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";
>
>Haven't seen this before .. any ideas how I can clean this up?
>
>MWL

Do an rpm query like this:
rpm -q gpg-pubkey
This will show two version of this app. Uninstall the older version like
this:
rpm -ev gpg-pubkey-xxxxxx.
You can uninstall versions of an rpm with the "v" switch.
If you have multiple duplicates please see an earlier thread where
someone discribed a script to remove the duplicates with apt-get.

Cheers,
Tim