httpd and mysql as user (not root)

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Fri Mar 12 15:32:50 UTC 2004

Greetings,

using FC1, I recently have a little problem with running httpd and mysql
during the boot-process and with starting it from the terminal.
Regarding the terminal problem I get the following message:

/(13)Keine Berechtigung: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:443
Unable to open logs

/Where will I have to change the rights for my user (he is already part
of groups root,apache,mysql - and of course, his own group) in order to
make httpd run without having to login as root?
And how can I make both, httpd and mysql, run on startup?

Jannis